Welcome to our new event Wacky Racers
For this year’s lineup of events, we have introduced a soapbox challenge that takes part in Wareham. The course runs from the crossroads in Wareham town centre and finishes on the bridge at the quay.
This is certainly an event to have some fun!
How to enter
Entrants to register at The Quay Inn, Wareham by 6pm on the evening of 7th August 2019
Making your soapbox
Dimensions & Weight
Maximum overall length – 2500mm
Maximum overall width – 1500mm
Soap Box must be designed to have three or four load-bearing wheels.
The driver must be seated and forward facing.
Brightly coloured soap boxes, sponsorship and advertising are encouraged.
We also appreciate it if the team name is painted onto the soapbox.
We also appreciate it if the team name is painted onto the soap box.
These Rules and Regulations apply to all entries. They have been designed for your safety and the safety of others around you, based on best practice and common sense.
We’re here for fun, but the soap boxes MUST be strong, safe, and stable and have effective brakes and sound steering. These rules enable us to run the event effectively for the maximum benefit of all – please ensure you read them carefully and comply with the details. Thank You!
- This event is open to anyone over the age of 12 years on the day of the race.
- Entrants under the age of 18 must have the entry form signed by an appropriate adult and must be accompanied by an adult to enter the race.
- Gravity propulsion only – i.e. no motors, no pedals, no stored potential energy and no pushing from the start.
- No loose weights will be allowed inside or outside the soap box.
- Soap box must have no loose parts or sharp edges.
- No glass or other materials that would shatter or cause injuries to drivers and spectators in the event of a crash can be used in the construction of the vehicle.
- Any steering column, brake lever or other protrusion must be designed and fitted such that puncture injuries cannot happen.
- Bodywork and controls must not impede the driver in exiting the vehicle unaided. Any doors or hatches required for driver access must be readily operated from both inside and outside the vehicle without the use of tools.
- Tow eyes to be fitted to front and back of soap box so that organisers can pull soap boxes up the hill at the end of each run.
- All members of the team will be required to sign a disclaimer as part of the entry form and these will be checked to ensure all team members present on the race day have signed.